Tuesday 9 January 2018

Puteraeon - The Empires of Death

PUTERAEON - The Empires of Death (GROWLS FROM THE UNDEGROUND 7"EP 2017)
It's been a while since Puteraeon putted out their last album "The Crawling Chaos". I'm not sure if 2018 will bring us their fourth full length finally or not, but this torture of waiting for it has just been sweetened with a 7" single titled "The Empires of Death". Unleashed by a new label, Growls From The Underground, this seven inch was a must to have for me, so I can have more complete Puteraeon collection. Luckily, I had no problems finding a copy. Let's spin it them! 
And I have to tell that "The Empires of Death" didn't disappoint me, I got exactly what I always expect to hear from bands like Puteraeon. Which is a restless, vicious and energetic dose of Swedish death metal. The first song is just powerful, "Providence" strikes without wasting time and I have to say these are some very impressive five minutes. Great riffs, very cool horrid aura and a lots of blasting or mid paced, yet vicious death metal. Definitely it's the best track here and surely one of Puteraeon's best so far, I like it a lot. Side B songs "At the Altars" and "Epitaph" are also pretty fuckin awesome, even if the music can be sometimes predictable and overplayed by many similar bands on many albums. But it just doesn't bother me, because I like that energy, which flows with Puteraeon music, I like that passionate, ferocious feel and I just think that this band has good riffs, good ideas and proper-size balls to play it right. Lovecraft influence in the lyrics is also always good to see. If you dig traditional sounding Swedish death metal you just have no right to say that Puteraeon sounds boring. Maybe this EP is not their best achievement, it's also not the best Swedish death metal piece I heard in my life... but I just enjoy it as much as I can. 
So, you also better get yourself a copy, do not hesitate, because Puteraeon are just solid band. And watch the trilogy of videos, which was created for each song from this EP, with the fine concept of "blood / fire / death". Really good work! 
Verdict: 70/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment