Monday 18 January 2016

Belphegor - Necrodaemon Terrorsathan

BELPHEGOR - Necrodaemon Terrorsathan (LAST EPISODE - CD 2000)
I really enjoyed Belphegor’s early albums, “Blutsabbath” being my definite favourite, but “The Last Supper” is also very nice. “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan” is their third album, released in 2000, and well, I have rather mixed feelings about it. On one hand I cannot say it’s bad album, as it’s not, but on the second it’s just not quite as brilliant as some other Belphegor albums, even if I am sure many fans of the band won’t agree and they will put “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan” in their top three.
I can understand why they would do that. The album has everything people like Belphegor for. It’s so damn fast and relentless, so vicious and aggressive, but at the same time it’s quite catchy, what is rather unusual, when speaking of such fast and violent music. But “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan” do has many catchy, memorable, at the same time nasty and fierce riffs, the whole music is fast, but I don’t know why it’s just easily listenable. I like how Belphegor is blending death and black metal into one pissed off maelstrom and surely they managed to find their own sound and style, which is good. So, why I am not so much convinced by “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan”? Well, this album is not bad, I like it, but I don’t think it’s brilliant. I feel like Belphegor music started to be so fuckin predictable at that time and on their third album it starts to sound like they started to repeat themselves a lot. Some of these riffs and arrangements are identical to some other stuff they’ve already played and even if it sounds cool, then it’s just not able to really crush me. I know that I used to like this album more, back when it was released I loved it. Nowadays I’m a little less impressed.
But “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan” does have some splendid moments, it does offer a solid and neckbreaking death / black metal and if you like fast and violent music, then this album is going to slay you. “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan”, “Vomit Upon the Cross”, “Diabolical Possession” are the songs that I like the most and they’re the songs that open the album. Later the “repetition” feeling is growing and the enthusiasm is fading. Luckily Belphegor doesn’t go below some quality and in the end these 35 minutes of music are as enjoyable as they can only be in this sort of death / black metal.
Fans will surely love “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan” also for being so offensive, so damn blasphemous and satanic. Belphegor has no boundaries and don’t give a fuck about being politically correct or whatever, they also don’t care about good taste, so their albums are filled with blasphemy, desecrations, evilness, erotica and sadistic stuff (“Lust Perishes in a Thirst for Blood” lyrics are surely everyone’s favourite haha). Good, it always sells well haha. You see offending and sacrilegious pictures in the booklet and think “what the hell” and then laugh as it’s so funny to see naked chick doing the job on her pussy with a cross haha. And do you remember the video they did for “Vomit Upon the Cross”?
Standout tracks: “Necrodaemon Terrorsathan”, “Vomit Upon the Cross”, “Diabolical Possession”

Final rate: 70/100

No comments:

Post a Comment